Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Schauinsland Schnee

Thanks to the many opportunities in Freiburg to climb high above the ground, my inner acrophobe has retreated to a far corner of my brain, where, muttering peevishly to itself, it sits safely surrounded by four thick, solid walls while the rest of me goes out and risks life and limb.

Yesterday, Elias, Zoe, Michelle, and I rode the Seilbahn (cable car) up Schauinsland to look at the snow. Zoe shares my discomfort with heights, so to soothe her, I calmly explained that the Seilbahn is very, very dangerous, that the cables break and the dangling compartments plummet to the earth on a daily basis, and that because so many people ride them anyway, they're quite useful for eliminating idiots from the gene pool. She didn't believe me.

No comments: