Friday, August 7, 2009

Dream

When you visit Stefan's mom, there's a neverending supply of chocolate and whipped cream. Want to take the train in to Munich? Here, take this Milka bar for the ride. Company? Time to whip up some Schlagsahne!

When we moved into our Freiburg apartment, we unloaded multiple backpacks. Each of us put away the various chocolate bars we found in different places in the kitchen. The previous renters also left some chocolate behind. As a result, it isn't unusual to come across a piece of chocolate, no matter what drawer or cabinet we open.

The other night, I dreamed that I broke into the home of some friends at dawn. Working against time, I tiptoed through the house, then used my skeleton key to turn the lock of their bedroom door. This is sooo wrong, I thought, yet I pressed on. Quietly, quietly, I reached in and put a brand new 100g bar and a half-eaten 200g bar of Milka chocolate on the foot of their bed. They stirred!--the chocolate slid!--I nudged it back into place and hurriedly closed and locked the door, beating a hasty retreat back to the kitchen where--oh no--voices!--The extended family was preparing breakfast, carrying plates of waffles and scrambled eggs out to the backyard! I tried to be nonchalant when they discovered me crouching behind the kitchen door. I nervously declined their invitation to join them--they were so friendly, they didn't know what a bad person I was--and escaped just before my friends entered the kitchen in their bathrobes and bunny slippers.

Anyone need some chocolate?

2 comments:

Nancy Kimberly said...

You're lucky you run. And that you have a modicum of discipline. I'd be as big as a haus. Still might, as a matter of fact. :)

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha!
xo
Dianne