Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome to my blog

For the record, the previous post was written on Sunday, not Monday; it just took a while to get the text to upload properly. I'm still figuring out how this blog software works. I was hoping to upload some photographs too, but the internet connection where we're staying this week--in a basement studio in Waltershofen, outside of Freiburg--is too weak. I guess Vodaphone has a hard time receiving satellite signals through concrete. The poor connection also means I can't upload any images showing actual Bavarian Wadlstruempfe, so an explanation of the blog name will have to wait. Welcome anyway...

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

Hey, I was wondering when you might get around to setting up a Blog.

Linden is talking often about his friend in Germany. My favorite recent episode was when he was creating a new life form from objects found in the bathroom and added an 'ability cord'. This turned out to be his version of 'umbilical cord'. I love the way the mind wants to hear a known word. He only recently became dissuaded from calling Kapla Blocks 'Capital Blocks' when he became the proud owner of a set and was thus confronted with the written name.

The kittens are endless fun. Pickett took an unintended and very unwelcome plunge in the bath, and Nutmeg (Scruffy) ended up in the toilet.

Wishing you copious fresh vegetables.

Thanks so much for keeping us all posted!